Definition of notion:
- A sentiment; an opinion.
- An invention; an ingenious device; a knickknack; as, Yankee notions.
- Inclination; intention; disposition; as, I have a notion to do it.
- Mental apprehension of whatever may be known or imagined; an idea; a conception; more properly, a general or universal conception, as distinguishable or definable by marks or notae.
- Sense; mind.
novelties, inclination, flavour, generality, purpose, smell, tactual sensation, etceteras, belief, consciousness, public opinion, impulse, feel, vagary, whimsy, capriciousness, mind's eye, verdict, megrim, effect, flavor, caprice, touch sensation, penetration, judgement, persuasion, insight, vox populi, maggot, picture, depression, discernment, imprint, mental picture, knowledge, imagination, popular opinion, arbitrariness, understanding, whimsicality, conceit, legal opinion, whimsey, sundries, notions, comprehension, fancy, philosophy, intimation, freak, abstraction, view, humor, feeling, involvement, spice, bee, boutade, indication, intuitive feeling, conviction, spirit, kink, intellection, impression, tactile sensation, sentiment, assumption, crank, fascination, judgment, eye, fixation, odds and ends, mind, whim, fantasy, stamp, commitment, awareness, model, motivation, look, passion, opinion, interest, public interest, intuition, apprehension, ideal, pattern, absorption, flightiness, tone, cogitation, touch, vagrancy, stereotype, archetype, position, printing, love affair, faith, ruling.
- "A Fool and His Money", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "Plutarch's Lives Volume III.", Plutarch.
- "Hugh Wynne, Free Quaker", S. Weir Mitchell.