Definition of numbness:
- insensibility (part of speech: noun)
- numbness (part of speech: noun)
- unexcitability (part of speech: noun)
- insensitivity (part of speech: noun)
After the first moment of numbness he recognised the arch on the right, where the road begins which leads down to Santa Scolastica, to Subiaco, to Rome; and on the left the path which rises toward the Sacro Speco.- "The Saint", Antonio Fogazzaro Commentator: William Roscoe Thayer.
- "Secret Bread", F. Tennyson Jesse.
I was irritated, nettled, not at my inability to fathom the mystery at once, but at a species of mental numbness which prevented me from even conjecturing a plausible theory to account for the strange episode.- "The Paternoster Ruby", Charles Edmonds Walk.