Definition of nutrition:
- In a more limited sense, the process by which the living tissues take up, from the blood, matters necessary either for their repair or for the performance of their healthy functions.
- In the broadest sense, a process or series of processes by which the living organism as a whole ( or its component parts or organs) is maintained in its normal condition of life and growth.
- That which nourishes; nutriment.
living, fodder, meal, aetiology, pap, livelihood, edible, provisions, diet, victuals, dish, chiropody, commissariat, bread and butter, victual, viands, provender, ingestion, grub, sustentation, biomedicine, alimentation, aliment, eatable, foodstuff, nutriment, upkeep, embryology, cooking, comestible, food, meat, aetiology, groceries, chow, dietetics, dentistry, cytology, sustenance, bioengineering, feeding, menu, bread, regimen, keep, esculent, maintenance, sustainment, fare, feed, eats, pabulum, cardiology, nourishment, provision, nurture, forage, support, ENT, subsistence.
- "Parent and Child Vol. III., Child Study and Training", Mosiah Hall.
- "The Kempton-Wace Letters", Jack London Anna Strunsky.
- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.