Definition of objection :
1. Cause of trouble; sorrow.
2. That which is, or may be, presented in opposition; an adverse reason or argument; a reason for objecting; obstacle; impediment; as, I have no objection to going; unreasonable objections.
3. The act of objecting; as, to prevent agreement, or action, by objection.
admonition, grumbling, acceptance, odium, denunciation, carping, scruple, contravention, lecture, rejection, blame, disesteem, dubiousness, dissatisfaction, recommendation, gravamen, sarcasm, crack, aspersion, problem, wail, reprehension, discontent, commendation, remonstration, disapprobation, murmur, squawk, plaint, displeasure, revulsion, kick, disinclination, scolding, depreciation, demur, beef, hesitation, abhorrence, praise, remonstrance, lament, insistence, rebuke, invective, criticism, frown, doubt, reproof, vilification, accusation, imputation, charge, knock, ban, dislike, repudiation, support, expostulation, exception, permission, demurrer, dissent, disdain, declination, disapproval, protestation, clamor, reprimand, question, reproach, censure, complaining, groan, faultfinding, condemnation, difference, indictment, unwillingness
opposition (part of speech: noun)
contradiction, suppression, adversary, conflict, repression, fight, impediment, counterattack, opposition, disagreement, protest, confrontation, friction, counteraction, antagonism, inhibition, hindrance, obstinacy, obstruction, rebuff, interference, defiance, repulsion, challenge, dispute, resistance
response (part of speech: noun)
protest (part of speech: noun)
- Can you see any objection?" - "Ethel Morton at Chautauqua", Mabell S. C. Smith.
- What is your objection to Bertha Massenburg? - "Quicksands", Adolph Streckfuss.
- Then he threw himself down on the bench where he had first seen his wife, saying that he should like to make his home there with her and the boy, if she had no objection, for down below it was not possible for him to continue to live. - "Rico And Wiseli Rico And Stineli, And How Wiseli Was Provided For", Johanna Spyri.