Definition of obnoxious:
abominable, wretched, exceptionable, unpleasant, rotten, filthy, infamous, contemptible, nefarious, despisable, odious, abhorrent, foul, antipathetic, objectionable, loathsome, good, low, mean, repugnant, lousy, despicable, shabby, offensive, detestable, vile.
- disagreeable (part of speech: adjective)
- wicked (part of speech: adjective)
- offensive (part of speech: adjective)
- "The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 1 (of 5)", Thomas Babington Macaulay.
The Governor has himself assured me that nothing shall induce him to notice the obnoxious decree, till he has, in the first place, received it under all the official forms- in the next place, written his remonstrance to the government at home- and, in the third place, received an answer.- "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.
- "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.