Definition of obnoxious :
1. Liable to censure; exposed to punishment; reprehensible; blameworthy.
2. Offensive; odious; hateful; as, an obnoxious statesman; a minister obnoxious to the Whigs.
3. Subject; liable; exposed; answerable; amenable; - with to.
detestable, nefarious, lousy, foul, exceptionable, low, infamous, filthy, contemptible, antipathetic, shabby, repugnant, mean, wretched, abhorrent, despicable, good, despisable, odious, vile, rotten, abominable, objectionable, loathsome
disagreeable (part of speech: adjective)
wicked (part of speech: adjective)
corrupt, immoral, felonious, indecent, depraved, scandalous, debauched, iniquitous, improper, perverse, sinful, debased, wicked, sadistic, bad, misdoing, criminal, wrongdoing, reprehensible, damnable, blameworthy, base, shocking, sinister, lawbreaking, villainous, degenerate, black, evildoing
offensive (part of speech: adjective)
- Every man who was obnoxious to the Court went in fear. - "The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 1 (of 5)", Thomas Babington Macaulay.
- The Governor has himself assured me that nothing shall induce him to notice the obnoxious decree, till he has, in the first place, received it under all the official forms- in the next place, written his remonstrance to the government at home- and, in the third place, received an answer. - "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.
- But that this summary process was already obnoxious to the people was shown by the fact that it was repealed the very following year because the articles " seemeth to the said Commons very grievous." - "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.