Definition of observe:
- To be on the watch respecting; to pay attention to; to notice with care; to see; to perceive; to discover; as, to observe an eclipse; to observe the color or fashion of a dress; to observe the movements of an army.
- To express as what has been noticed; to utter as a remark; to say in a casual or incidental way; to remark.
- To make a remark; to comment; - generally with on or upon.
- To take notice of by appropriate conduct; to conform one's action or practice to; to keep; to heed; to obey; to comply with; as, to observe rules or commands; to observe civility.
- To take notice; to give attention to what one sees or hears; to attend.
chance on, succeed, spot, words, assert, defend, recover, watch for, incur, remember, lionise, get a line, find, fall upon, espy, hold, speak out, come across, hear, exert, look on, find oneself, editorialize, attain, espouse, get word, lionize, get hold, weigh in, mores, stick with, goose-step, prise, key out, take in, watch out, keep abreast, spy on, learn, discover, play along, sound off, retain, bump, be on the lookout for, follow, maintain, hold back, watch, carry out, name, take down, happen, accompany, honor, abide by, expose, mark, keep open, come after, articulate, tradition, keep an eye on, receive, travel along, recognize, adopt, conserve, legacy, bring out, detect, proceed, cite, fall out, save, regain, uphold, eye, reveal, note, advert, describe, hold on, conform to, preserve, pursue, distinguish, bring up, go along, fall, happen upon, go on, knowledge, let on, notice, obtain, stick to, listen, remark, follow/watch someone's every move, take after, air, postdate, comment, disclose, acknowledge, divulge, key, local color, keep (a) watch, keep to, get wind, same, mention, keep back, make out, point out, practice, come up, come upon, prize, catch, take note, identify, chance, surveil, custom, trick or treat, prevent, strike, mind, encounter, reward, express, rule, chance upon, break, value, allow, watch over, trace, restrain, light upon, continue, manners, wield, pick out, retrieve, line up, feel, pick up, let out, stand over, unwrap, give away, stay fresh, sustain, institution, esteem, honour, refer, keep on, respect, keep up, formulate, find out, come, asseverate, descry, hold open, awareness, look out, keep, ascertain, be, adhere to, get, pronounce on.
- conform (part of speech: verb)
- imagine (part of speech: verb)
- evince (part of speech: verb)
- examine (part of speech: verb)
- observe (part of speech: verb)
- celebrate (part of speech: verb)
- comply (part of speech: verb)
- see (part of speech: verb)
- "Ernest Maltravers, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "The Green Mummy", Fergus Hume.
- "Mr. Hogarth's Will", Catherine Helen Spence.