Definition of observer:
- A sycophantic follower.
- One who fulfills or performs; as, an observer of his promises.
- One who keeps any law, custom, regulation, rite, etc.; one who conforms to anything in practice.
- One who observes, or pays attention to, anything; especially, one engaged in, or trained to habits of, close and exact observation; as, an astronomical observer.
- "White Slaves", Louis A Banks.
- "Ways of Nature", John Burroughs.
The number of times these vessels are emptied is registered by a train of wheels; and thus, without the presence of the observer, the quantity of rain falling during a whole year may be measured and recorded.- "On the Economy of Machinery and Manufactures", Charles Babbage.