Definition of obtain:
- To become held; to gain or have a firm footing; to be recognized or established; to subsist; to become prevalent or general; to prevail; as, the custom obtains of going to the seashore in summer.
- To gain or have a firm footing; to become recognized or established; to become or be prevalent or general; as, the custom obtains of going to the seashore in summer.
- To get hold of by effort; to gain possession of; to procure; to acquire, in any way.
- To hold; to keep; to possess.
- To prevail; to succeed.
endure, engender, carry, perplex, notice, recover, keep, triumph, hoard, obligate, defy, fix, prevail, have got, confine, support, find out, go for, realize, vex, start out, sustain, commence, see, bring, scram, adjudge, contain, produce, have, glean, go, father, donate, retain, keep back, dumbfound, amaze, bugger off, take for, buzz off, admit, determine, get, set out, rule, draw, take hold, come up, master, nurse, deem, mother, stimulate, persist, bind, earn, detect, beget, make, find, attain, throw, start, develop, bring forth, get under one's skin, pay off, discover, contract, save, set about, drum up, get down, regain, beat, give, induce, entertain, harbor, inherit, invite, stupefy, find oneself, declare, lay up, feel, oblige, arrive, line up, run, restrain, hold, view as, bewilder, defend, harbour, agree, puzzle, check, grasp, halt, baffle, hold in, concur, sire, bump, curb, gravel, cause, nonplus, mystify, accomplish, guard, control, reign, bear, observe, begin, incur, meet, book, die hard, chance, maintain, apply, become, get hold, convey, flummox, receive, hold up, moderate, predominate, grab, come, concern, pose, dominate, grow, stick, make use of, ascertain, effect, pay back, suffer, experience, arrive at, come by, happen, accommodate, compass, hold back, get at, reserve, witness, invade, drive, pick up, aim, let, generate, nab, concord, take in, welcome, reach, encounter, withstand.
- acquire (part of speech: verb)
- capture (part of speech: verb)
- borrow (part of speech: verb)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.
- "Through Five Republics on Horseback", G. Whitfield Ray.