Definition of obverse:
- Anything necessarily involved in, or answering to, another; the more apparent or conspicuous of two possible sides, or of two corresponding things.
- Having the base, or end next the attachment, narrower than the top, as a leaf.
- The face of a coin which has the principal image or inscription upon it; - the other side being the reverse.
reverse, copper, antipode, counter, change, opposite, the contrary, main surface, bread, balance, bucks, negative, opposition, front, antithesis, the converse, pole, banknote, bill, cash, the reverse, opposite side, coin, contrary, negation, coinage.
- "Sumerian Liturgies and Psalms", Stephen Langdon.
On the obverse is a picture of Maskat and its forts, around which in English runs the legend, 'Sultan Feysul- bin- Tourki Sultan and Imam of Maskat and Oman, ' and on the reverse is the Arab equivalent.- "Southern Arabia", Theodore Bent Mabel Bent.
- "The Story of Paris", Thomas Okey.