Definition of occasion:
- A falling out, happening, or coming to pass; hence, that which falls out or happens; occurrence; incident.
- A favorable opportunity; a convenient or timely chance; convenience.
- A reason or excuse; a motive; a persuasion.
- An occurrence or condition of affairs which brings with it some unlooked- for event; that which incidentally brings to pass an event, without being its efficient cause or sufficient reason; accidental or incidental cause.
- Need; exigency; requirement; necessity; as, I have no occasion for firearms.
- To give occasion to; to cause; to produce; to induce; as, to occasion anxiety.
originator, thing, crossroads, incident, single-valued function, work, subroutine, joint, power, break, necessity, happen, procedure, mathematical function, part, office, creator, source, social occasion, occasionally, origin, call, possibility, role, do, time, justification, map, motive, opening, juncture, causality, amour, articulation, start, designer, matter, junction, news, social function, season, hardly, former, festivity, spring, use, at certain times, antecedent, development, mapping, sometimes, agent, involvement, why, party, soiree, fete, subprogram, actor, gala, excuse, precedent, shot, opportunity, purpose, chance, critical point, ground, bash, seldom, affair, group, causation, luck, celebration, wherefore, liaison, intimacy, affaire, author, cause, function, reason, fountain, routine, join.