Definition of occasional:
everyday, casual, periodical, infrequent, perfunctory, special, nonchalant, irregular, episodic, especial, continue, insouciant, scarce, particular, chance, exceptional, fooling, usual, exclusive, free-and-easy, effortless, cursory, specific, fitful, unpredictable, intermittent, passing, daily, periodic.
- circumstantial (part of speech: adjective)
- irregular (part of speech: adjective)
- infrequent (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Missourian", Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle.
- "Notes of a War Correspondent", Richard Harding Davis.
Dr. Jeremy observed her colour change, and during the few minutes that Mr. and Miss Arnold stayed to hear the news, he gave an occasional glance of defiance at the letter, and as soon as they were gone, begged to be made acquainted with its contents.- "The Lamplighter", Maria S. Cummins.