Definition of occurrence :
1. A coming or happening; as, the occurence of a railway collision.
2. Any incident or event; esp., one which happens without being designed or expected; as, an unusual occurrence, or the ordinary occurrences of life.
circumstance (part of speech: noun)
occurrence (part of speech: noun)
existence (part of speech: noun)
- Thinking it was of but recent occurrence, he hurried to Saguache and gave the alarm that two of his companions were buried beneath the mountain of snow. - "Where Strongest Tide Winds Blew", Robert McReynolds.
- Any gathering of the people at Barton's was a most rare occurrence; yet, on that day and at that hour, whoever stood upon the porch of the corner house, in the village, could see horsemen approaching by all the four roads which there met. - "The Story Of Kennett", Bayard Taylor.
- While in the air the youth's face was close to Hollis's and both grinned over the occurrence. - "The Coming of the Law", Charles Alden Seltzer.