Definition of offend :
1. To be offensive to; to harm; to pain; to annoy; as, strong light offends the eye; to offend the conscience.
2. To displease; to make angry; to affront.
3. To oppose or obstruct in duty; to cause to stumble; to cause to sin or to fall.
4. To strike against; to attack; to assail.
5. To transgress; to violate; to sin against.
erupt, violate, break off, fail, cave in, exasperate, get around, rape, appal, let out, dishonor, aggravate, assault, conk out, smash, damp, chagrin, bust, give away, breach, founder, take aback, dismay, traumatise, bankrupt, wear out, anguish, traumatize, give out, like, bring out, give, sin, discover, spoil, revolt, go bad, kick downstairs, cut, contuse, break-dance, despoil, separate, interrupt, develop, buck, crack, break up, pause, ball over, stop, get out, weaken, break out, trespass, appall, let on, burst, dishonour, pain, alarm, vex, insult, give offense, better, divulge, come apart, right, reveal, fall in, overstep, part, break, give way, go against, plunder, recrudesce, smart, attack, intermit, huff, collapse, miff, turn off, break in, bruise, blow out of the water, desecrate, disclose, nettle, affront, expose, soften, demote, err, break away, relegate, snap off, split, scandalise, sicken, bump, pique, go, spite, dampen, horrify, check, tease, ravish, die, suffer, discontinue, ruin, wear, profane, fall apart, transgress, floor, fracture, gap, break down, unwrap, infract, split up, outrage
displease (part of speech: verb)
injure (part of speech: verb)