Definition of office :
1. A charge or trust, of a sacred nature, conferred by God himself; as, the office of a priest under the old dispensation, and that of the apostles in the new.
2. A special duty, trust, charge, or position, conferred by authority and for a public purpose; a position of trust or authority; as, an executive or judical office; a municipal office.
3. Any service other than that of ordination and the Mass; any prescribed religious service.
4. That which a person does, either voluntarily or by appointment, for, or with reference to, others; customary duty, or a duty that arises from the relations of man to man; as, kind offices, pious offices.
5. That which is performed, intended, or assigned to be done, by a particular thing, or that which anything is fitted to perform; a function; - answering to duty in intelligent beings.
6. The apartments or outhouses in which the domestics discharge the duties attached to the service of a house, as kitchens, pantries, stables, etc.
7. The company or corporation, or persons collectively, whose place of business is in an office; as, I have notified the office.
8. The place where a particular kind of business or service for others is transacted; a house or apartment in which public officers and others transact business; as, the register's office; a lawyer's office.
9. To perform, as the duties of an office; to discharge.
procedure, the civil service, purpose, do, space, book, division, daub, position, slur, business plan, from, business office, seat, chancellery, belong to, topographic point, coalition, maculation, blank space, bit, sureness, job, component, note, parting, location, chest, consulate, postal service, building, component part, headquarters, co-opt, room, function, asset, business, confidence, admit, part, council, obligation, burden, workplace, duty, beneficence, corporation, office staff, entrance, favor, liturgy, theatrical role, constituent, coatroom, commitment, authorisation, board, self-confidence, point, voice, portion, spotlight, speckle, committee, brokerage, head office, state of affairs, ability, slot, fleck, business leader, directorate, kindliness, status, ritual, trade, region, account, consortium, authorization, mogul, body, dresser, tycoon, property, smear, baron, suite, subroutine, mooring, touch, locating, benevolence, superpower, map, top executive, ceremonial, imperative, home base, mapping, smirch, class, blot, mail, clinic, work, kindness, occupation, sanction, social function, role, federal agency, righteousness, lieu, chore, city hall, general headquarters, civic centre, pip, inaugurate, representation, chest of drawers, section, great power, province, place, ceremony, contribution, performance, patch, philanthropy, military post, routine, post, cloakroom, accountability, stint, service, admission, posture, dues, assurance, rite, coat check, guildhall, placement, say-so, broking, incumbency, administration, stead, military position, department, persona, responsibility, slip, capacity, short letter, mission, shoes, clubhouse, stain, index, positioning, auditorium, stance, percentage, apartment, devoir, accept, profession, need, benignity, use, share, give, spot, site, customs, perspective, arm, moorage, appointment, chamber, HQ, stake, self-assurance, occasion, cabal, built in bed, embassy, office block, exponent, billet, affair, task, bathroom, situation, mail service, government agency, desk, home, courthouse, go over to, agency, observance, line, dominance, berth, station, checkroom, corps, army, character, ballroom, emplacement, dapple, factory, assignment, home office, world power, plaza, magnate, big businessman, cannibalize, beauty parade, view, subprogram, side, spatial relation, delegacy, Corp., oblation, piazza, benefaction, smudge, attitude, single-valued function, gig, piece, kind, major power, social occasion, king, means, branch, mathematical function, way, bunk
authority (part of speech: noun)
influence, title, commission, precedence, control, privilege, might, potency, purview, power, strength, credential, punch, superiority, sway, enfranchisement, stature, clout, puissance, charge, kingship, license, steam, seniority, prestige, mastery, powerfulness, prepotency, prerogative, command, authority, right, empowerment, mandate, domination, birthright, primacy, entitlement, rank, sovereignty, faculty, mightiness, force, cogency
market (part of speech: noun)
exchange, warehouse, mart, grocery, stock exchange, department store, bazaar, market, depot, bureau, market place, convenience store, emporium, chain, stall, store, supermarket, counter, shop, fair, establishment