Definition of Operated:
negotiated, put into effect, accomplished, regulated, managed, transported, finished, driven, bent, governed, ordered, fulfilled, handled, maintained, supervised, spun, guided, conveyed, wielded, turned, enforced, achieved, sustained, administered, carried on, brought about, superintended, manipulated, run, directed, determined, promoted, contrived, revolved.
- applied (part of speech: verb)
- acted (part of speech: verb)
- "Together", Robert Herrick (1868-1938).
- "Great Inventions and Discoveries", Willis Duff Piercy.
- "The Flying Saucers are Real", Donald Keyhoe.