Definition of operation:
- Any methodical action of the hand, or of the hand with instruments, on the human body, to produce a curative or remedial effect, as in amputation, etc.
- Effect produced; influence.
- Something to be done; some transformation to be made upon quantities, the transformation being indicated either by rules or symbols.
- That which is operated or accomplished; an effect brought about in accordance with a definite plan; as, military or naval operations.
- The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
- The method of working; mode of action.
detail, the Blitz, cesarean, maintenance, bypass, summons, colostomy, conveyance, process, big business, agency, mode, brief, mathematical process, superintendency, blue chip, formula, government, exploit, the biz, attack, technique, outgrowth, affiliate, wear, stewardship, running, doing, transaction, run, D and C, military operation, work, consumption, carrying out, course, workmanship, functioning, advancement, enforcement, post, manipulation, superintendence, used, act, management, plan, engagement, agent, caesarean, progress, reaction, physical process, go on, play, acquisition, feat, blitzkrieg, machine, control, working, air raid, circumcision, base, unconscious process, surgical process, air strike, handling, ordering, section, direction, medicine, administration, abortion, business, subroutine, routine, operating room, C-section, accomplishment, cut in, exploitation, oversight, operating theater, excision, operate, into operation, carrying into action, consummation, progression, presidency, bombing, governance, proceeding, angioplasty, cognitive process, manner, blast, appendage, surgical operation, surgery, dissection, effect, operating theatre, move, venture, system, basis, controlling, adoption, execution, come on, mathematical operation, account, implementation, barrage, appendectomy, cope, anchor, removal, means, mental process, achievement, charge, demonstration, performance, way, job, blitz, regulation, public presentation, bombardment, assignment, surgical procedure, tactic, cognitive operation, guidance, subprogram, method, procedure, care, thing, intendance, transplant, supervision, handiwork.
- action (part of speech: noun)
- application (part of speech: noun)
- "The Wings of the Dove, Volume 1 of 2", Henry James.
- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- "Mary Wollaston", Henry Kitchell Webster.