Definition of opposite:
- Applied to the other of two things which are entirely different; other; as, the opposite sex; the opposite extreme.
- Extremely different; inconsistent; contrary; repugnant; antagonistic.
- One who opposes; an opponent; an antagonist.
- Placed directly in front of another part or organ, as a stamen which stands before a petal.
- Placed over against; standing or situated over against or in front; facing; - often with to; as, a house opposite to the Exchange.
- Set over against each other, but separated by the whole diameter of the stem, as two leaves at the same node.
- That which is opposed or contrary; as, sweetness and its opposite.
turnaround, reversion, opposing, antonymous, glacial, setback, polar, antonym, reversal, turnabout, blow, opposed, diametrical, retrograde, hostile, adverse, counter, paired, different, arctic, antipodal, resister, synonymous, facing, confrontation, conflicting, diametral, inverse, matched, irreconcilable, resistance, contrasting, contradictory, reverse gear, contrary, inimical, oppositeness, other, opponent, confronting, side by side, black eye, foeman, same, diametric, mated, antonymic, opposition, opposite word, icy, pivotal, incompatible, antipodean, gelid, reverse, support, face-to-face, verso, frigid.
- dissimilar (part of speech: adjective)
- enemy (part of speech: noun)
- diametric (part of speech: adjective)
- opponent (part of speech: noun)
- opposite side (part of speech: noun)
- opposite (part of speech: noun)
- "Arsene Lupin", Edgar Jepson Maurice Leblanc.
- "Dawn", Mrs. Harriet A. Adams.
- "Ronicky Doone", Max Brand.