Definition of optimistic:
bullish, approving, assured, cheering, deterministic, heartening, Panglossian, rosy, approbatory, affirmatory, approbative, visionary, sanguine, orthodox, pollyannaish, propitious, starry-eyed, upbeat, looking through rose-colored glasses, approbatory, golden, central, trusting, nonconformist, likely, uplifted, romantic, rose-colored, hope, forward-looking, roseate, affirmative, conceptual, encouraging, plausive, metaphysical, looking on the bright side, auspicious, promising, popular, confident, abstract, approbative, theoretical, in the fond hope that, cheerful, idealistic, fair, utopian.
- cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
- positive (part of speech: adjective)
- hopeful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Wolfville Nights", Alfred Lewis.
- "The Brightener", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- "Religious Perplexities", L. P. Jacks.