Definition of ordinance:
- A rule established by authority; a permanent rule of action; a statute, law, regulation, rescript, or accepted usage; an edict or decree; esp., a local law enacted by a municipal government; as, a municipal ordinance.
- An established rite or ceremony.
- Orderly arrangement; preparation; provision.
- Ordnance; cannon.
- Rank; order; station.
regulating, acquittal, canon, Chapter 11, civil liberties, Chapter 7, enactment, claim, mandate, civil law, order, study at law, act, bring in a verdict, decree, regularisation, regularization, formula, annul, constitution, regulation, command, economy, bill, legislation, statute, commandment, bar, call for, institute, acquit, case law, polity, law, charge, ordination, jurisprudence, bylaw, civil rights, award, citation, prescription, ordering.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.
- "Revisiting the Earth", James Langdon Hill.
- "Stories of the Badger State", Reuben Gold Thwaites.