Definition of orient:
- A pearl of great luster.
- Bright; lustrous; superior; pure; perfect; pellucid; - used of gems and also figuratively, because the most perfect jewels are found in the East.
- Eastern; oriental.
- Fig.: To correct or set right by recurring to first principles; to arrange in order; to orientate.
- Rising, as the sun.
- Same as Orientate, 2.
- The countries of Asia or the East.
- The part of the horizon where the sun first appears in the morning; the east.
- To define the position of, in relation to the orient or east; hence, to ascertain the bearings of.
- To place ( a map or chart) so that its east side, north side, etc., lie toward the corresponding parts of the horizon;
- to rotate ( a map attached to a plane table) until the line of direction between any two of its points is parallel to the corresponding direction in nature.
indicate, charge, sew, eastern hemisphere, steer, due east, square, manoeuver, channelize, aim, bespeak, conform, manoeuvre, taper, luff, guide, place, point, situate, channelise, direct, sharpen, east, tailor-make, eastern United States, adapt, turn, maneuver, face, reorient, true, head, show, orientate, eastward, tailor, line up, cut, locate, target, signal, repoint, betoken, change orientation, lead, level, determine, designate, eastern.
- "Modeste Mignon", Honore de Balzac.
- "The Vitamine Manual", Walter H. Eddy.
- "Secret Societies And Subversive Movements", Nesta H. Webster.