Definition of original:
- A person of marked eccentricity.
- An original thinker or writer; an originator.
- Before unused or unknown; new; as, a book full of original matter.
- Having the power to suggest new thoughts or combinations of thought; inventive; as, an original genius.
- Not copied, imitated, or translated; new; fresh; genuine; as, an original thought; an original process; the original text of Scripture.
- Origin; commencement; source.
- Pertaining to the origin or beginning; preceding all others; first in order; primitive; primary; pristine; as, the original state of man; the original laws of a country; the original inventor of a process.
- That which precedes all others of its class; archetype; first copy; hence, an original work of art, manuscript, text, and the like, as distinguished from a copy, translation, etc.
- The natural or wild species from which a domesticated or cultivated variety has been derived; as, the wolf is thought by some to be the original of the dog, the blackthorn the original of the plum.
veritable, foundational, independent, sure, sole, daring, bona fide, unprecedented, unused, pilot program, freehanded, lord, dawning, one, accepted, true, pilot film, late, unfamiliar, fundamental, fender, different, headmaster, master, fresh, imitated, copied, current, first, overlord, underived, novel, recent, passe-partout, passkey, archetype, maestro, basic, radical, good, ability, basal, avant-garde, elemental, authorized, innovative, master copy, sea captain, cowcatcher, underivative, primary, pioneer, innovatory, received, firsthand, schoolmaster, unexampled, victor, start, trustworthy, master key, innovational, seminal, rudimentary, indubitable, superior, pilot burner, reliable, unusual, pilot, actual, skipper, elementary, new, unquestionable, undoubted, newfangled, buffer, accredited, airplane pilot, single, legitimate, authoritative, certain, inceptive, primitive, freehand, germinal, rudimental, lone, captain, principal, surface, new-fashioned, prime, pure, underlying, real, earliest, professional, pilot light.
beginning (part of speech: adjective)
- original (part of speech: noun)
- creative (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Second Home", Honore de Balzac.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.
- "Counsel for the Defense", Leroy Scott.