Definition of ornament:
medal, dress, garniture, dramatize, garnishment, make over, embellisher, pad, invest, incentive, decoration, benefit, ribbon, beautification, merit, transform, border, enhance, palm, clothe, gussy up, beautiful, beautifier, lard, illustrate, detailing, embellish, doodad, illuminate, dramatise, patterning, advantage, aggrandise, overlay, good, grace, setoff, edge, adorn, virtue, beautify, decorate, decor, aggrandize, laurel wreath, embroider, embellishment, privilege, fancify, trump card, deck, caparison, medallion, asset, blow up, ornamentation.
- accompaniment (part of speech: noun)
- ornament (part of speech: verb)
- figure of speech (part of speech: noun)
- "Lorna Doone, A Romance of Exmoor", R. D. Blackmore.
- "The High Calling", Charles M. Sheldon.
- "Castles and Cave Dwellings of Europe", Sabine Baring-Gould.