Definition of otherwise :
1. In a different manner; in another way, or in other ways; differently; contrarily.
2. In different circumstances; under other conditions; as, I am engaged, otherwise I would accept.
3. In other respects.
onward, opposed, together, so, else, conflicting, someway, oppositely, evenly, back, to the contrary, paradoxical, conversely, vice versa, differently, just, somehow, like, opposite, unless, reverse, other, other than, still
- He knew that Sidney was no longer a free man; he knew that, even had it been otherwise, Clara could be nothing to him. - "The Nether World", George Gissing.
- However, I had better be going, otherwise I shall be late. - "Virgin Soil", Ivan S. Turgenev.
- Is the news otherwise than good?" - "The Outcaste", F. E. Penny.