Definition of oval:
- A body or figure in the shape of an egg, or popularly, of an ellipse.
- Broadly elliptical.
- Having the figure of an egg; oblong and curvilinear, with one end broader than the other, or with both ends of about the same breadth; in popular usage, elliptical.
- Of or pertaining to eggs; done in the egg, or inception; as, oval conceptions.
Understand, I don't for a moment mean that she was unaware of these possessions of hers; I call that oval mirror that later we set up in our bedroom to witness that; but she merely wanted something else, being human, and wanted it the more, being feminine.- "The Debit Account", Oliver Onions.
- "A Son of the Hills", Harriet T. Comstock.
- "An Orkney Maid", Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr.