Definition of overflow :
1. A flowing over, as of water or other fluid; an inundation.
2. An outlet for the escape of surplus liquid.
3. That which flows over; a superfluous portion; a superabundance.
4. To be superabundant; to abound.
5. To flow over the brim of; to fill more than full.
6. To flow over; to cover woth, or as with, water or other fluid; to spread over; to inundate; to overwhelm.
7. To run over the bounds.
torrent, well over, onslaught, discharge, propulsion, deficiency, surplusage, redundancy, outflow, inundate, lack, infest, surplus, overwhelming, spill over, overproduction, flow, inundation, outlet, abound, deluge, overrun, barrage, hole, natural spring, crawl, run, flood, outpouring, exit, runoff, overspill, engorgement, flood tide, run over, flood lamp, bristle, whelm, pour out, exuberance, swarm, teem, submerge, overcrowding, infringement, big, run down, full, spring, photoflood, congestion, flush, fountain, overwhelm, superfluity, rising tide, push, pullulate, bombardment, rich, engulf, spill out, advance, alluvion, floodlight, brim over, passage, drown, bubble over, invade, overabundance, excess, flowage, gush
- The damp pink papers were in the hands of the overflow crowd outside the hall; his own name was already in every mouth, continually coupled with that of the world- renowned Hilda Bouverie. - "Stingaree", E. W. (Ernest William) Hornung.
- If he keeps up this pace for twenty minutes longer, the sulphur will overflow 'the Street' and get into the banks and into the country, and no man can tell how much territory will be burned over by to- morrow. - "Friday, the Thirteenth", Thomas W. Lawson.
- But there was still enough good temper and good will left to overflow upon the rest of mankind. - "The Testing of Diana Mallory", Mrs. Humphry Ward.