Definition of overpowering:
unpalatable, basic, consuming, big, stale, depth, bland, resistless, subjection, insipid, acutely, inedible, rancid, sour, deep, burning, nasty, uncontrollable, towering, staggering, bad, dominating, deep-seated, domination, subjugation, subjugating, casual, tasteless, blind, overwhelming, irresistible, affective, intense, bitter.
- defeating (part of speech: verb)
- powerful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Taken Alive", E. P. Roe.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Mr. Trunnell", T. Jenkins Hains.