Definition of owe:
- Hence: To have or be under an obigation to restore, pay, or render ( something) in return or compensation for something received; to be indebted in the sum of; as, the subject owes allegiance; the fortunate owe assistance to the unfortunate.
- To have an obligation to ( some one) on account of something done or received; to be indebted to; as, to iwe the grocer for supplies, or a laborer for services.
- To have or possess, as something derived or bestowed; to be obliged to ascribe ( something to some source); to be indebted or obliged for; as, he owed his wealth to his father; he owed his victory to his lieutenants.
- To possess; to have, as the rightful owner; to own.
get on credit, ethics, acknowledge, creditworthy, debt collector, be obligated to, etiquette, extension, have borrowed, bind out, be bound to pay, the proprieties, compound interest, borrowing, be/feel obligated to someone, appreciate, have lost, have an obligation, feel bound, be bound, creditworthiness, be contracted to, be in debt for, creditor, morals, ought to, be indebted to, financier, be subject to draft for, rule, conscience, convention, standards, foreclose, borrowing power, become beholden, have signed a note for, code, law, thank.
- "Deep Down, a Tale of the Cornish Mines", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "Counsel for the Defense", Leroy Scott.
- "Dorothy Dale", Margaret Penrose.