Definition of pacify:
patch up, sweeten, accommodate, make up, silence, stay, assuage, quench, mollify, settle, placate, palliate, temper, propitiate, ennoble, conciliate, appease, gruntle, lenify, smooth over, gentle, season, dulcify, entitle, slake, pour oil on troubled water.
- calm (part of speech: verb)
- pacify (part of speech: verb)
- soothe (part of speech: verb)
- moderate (part of speech: verb)
- "Christopher Columbus", Mildred Stapley.
- "Brazilian Sketches", T. B. Ray.
- "Praying for Money", Russell H. Conwell.