Definition of packet:
- A small pack or package; a little bundle or parcel; as, a packet of letters.
- Originally, a vessel employed by government to convey dispatches or mails; hence, a vessel employed in conveying dispatches, mails, passengers, and goods, and having fixed days of sailing; a mail boat.
- To make up into a packet or bundle.
- To ply with a packet or dispatch boat.
- To send in a packet or dispatch vessel.
share, package, software system, big bucks, pile, bundle, parcel of land, software package, portion, tract, parcel, software, pack, packet boat, computer software, mail boat, sheaf, mailboat, big money, ship, ferry, container, steamboat, software program, piece of ground, megabucks, piece of land, receptacle.
- "Somehow Good", William de Morgan.
But the Time of his leaving England, his coming in a Packet, the Company which came with him, and the greater Indulgencies granted to him in New York than had been allowd to others fixed a suspicion of him in the Minds of well disposd Persons which could not be removd.- "The Original Writings of Samuel Adams, Volume 4", Samuel Adams.
- "The Isle of Unrest", Henry Seton Merriman.