Definition of packing:
- A substance or piece used to make a joint impervious
- A thin layer, or sheet, of yielding or elastic material inserted between the surfaces of a flange joint.
- A trick; collusion.
- A yielding ring, as of metal, which surrounds a piston and maintains a tight fit, as inside a cylinder, etc.
- Any material used to pack, fill up, or make close.
- Same as Filling.
- The act or process of one who packs.
- The substance in a stuffing box, through which a piston rod slides.
- "Plays by August Strindberg, Second series", August Strindberg.
Early on the morning after the scene in question, Lady Glencora had gone into Alice's bedroom, and had found her cousin in her dressing- gown, packing up her things, or looking as though she intended to do so.- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Red Symbol", John Ironside.