Definition of pagoda:
- A gold or silver coin, of various kinds and values, formerly current in India. The Madras gold pagoda was worth about three and a half rupees.
- A term by which Europeans designate religious temples and tower- like buildings of the Hindoos and Buddhists of India, Farther India, China, and Japan, - usually but not always, devoted to idol worship.
- An idol.
- "The Room in the Dragon Volant", J. Sheridan LeFanu.
- "A Morning's Walk from London to Kew", Richard Phillips.
- "Tales of the Five Towns", Arnold Bennett.