Definition of pain :
1. Any uneasy sensation in animal bodies, from slight uneasiness to extreme distress or torture, proceeding from a derangement of functions, disease, or injury by violence; bodily distress; bodily suffering; an ache; a smart.
2. Punishment suffered or denounced; suffering or evil inflicted as a punishment for crime, or connected with the commission of a crime; penalty.
3. See Pains, labor, effort.
4. Specifically, the throes or travail of childbirth.
5. To inflict suffering upon as a penalty; to punish.
6. To put to bodily uneasiness or anguish; to afflict with uneasy sensations of any degree of intensity; to torment; to torture; as, his dinner or his wound pained him; his stomach pained him.
7. To render uneasy in mind; to disquiet; to distress; to grieve; as a child's faults pain his parents.
8. Uneasiness of mind; mental distress; disquietude; anxiety; grief; solicitude; anguish.
drunk, health, imposition, prick, pain in the ass, carefulness, crucifixion, paroxysm, stoned, while, anxiety, exertion, annoyance, twinge, inebriated, vexation, fuss, pain in the neck, burning, illness, wo, sickness, scrupulousness, hurting, care, elbow grease, strain, spite, upset, painstaking, well-being, distract, discommode, disorder, trial, incommode, unhinge, perturb, struggle, wretchedness, thoroughness, fever, inconvenience, effort, painful sensation, martyrdom, catch, disoblige, striving, trouble oneself, malady, cark, offend, despondency, woe, careful, endeavor, trouble, aggravator, prickle, meticulousness, ail, thorn, punctiliousness, bother, fastidiousness, hassle, soreness, sadness, laceration, passion, happy, distressingness, work, worry, depression, put out, injure, annoying, disquiet, disturb, shock, botheration, inconvenience oneself, nuisance, pain sensation
pain (part of speech: verb)
headache, cramp, painfulness, distress, injury, sore, suffering, back-ache, burn, torture, throe, earache, agony, stab, sting, irritate, ache, pang, rack, malaise, gripe, irritation, crick, inflammation, grief, chafing, spasm, throb, wound, chafe, smarting, suffer, misery, inflame, afflict, wrench, anguish, stitch, agonize, torment, affliction, bruise, hurt, migraine, bite, smart, infliction, discomfort