Definition of paint:
- A cosmetic; rouge.
- A pigment or coloring substance.
- Fig.: To color, stain, or tinge; to adorn or beautify with colors; to diversify with colors.
- Fig.: To represent or exhibit to the mind; to describe vividly; to delineate; to image; to depict.
- The same prepared with a vehicle, as oil, water with gum, or the like, for application to a surface.
- To color one's face by way of beautifying it.
- To cover with coloring matter; to apply paint to; as, to paint a house, a signboard, etc.
- To form in colors a figure or likeness of on a flat surface, as upon canvas; to represent by means of colors or hues; to exhibit in a tinted image; to portray with paints; as, to paint a portrait or a landscape.
- To practice the art of painting; as, the artist paints well.
- color (part of speech: verb)
- draw (part of speech: verb)
- covering (part of speech: noun)
- "The Heather-Moon", C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson.
- "Fifty Fabulous Fables", Lida Brown McMurry.
- "Literary Lapses", Stephen Leacock.