Definition of palpable:
glaring, study at tangible, apparent, distinct, noticeable, plain, obvious, manifest, detectable, overt, distinguishable, evident, transparent, indubitable, clear, perceptible, unmistakable, tactile, touch, knowledge, tangible, open, ponderable, conspicuous, patent, sensible.
- manifest (part of speech: adjective)
- substantial (part of speech: adjective)
- material (part of speech: adjective)
And I who long to reach The stars will not, howe'er, select the needs Of this our age for burden of my song; For these, increasing constantly, are still By merchants and by work- shops amply met; But I will sing of hope, of hope whereof The gods now grant a pledge so palpable.- "The Poems of Giacomo Leopardi", Giacomo Leopardi.
- "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- "The Earth as Modified by Human Action", George P. Marsh.