Definition of palpable :
1. Capable of being touched and felt; perceptible by the touch; as, a palpable form.
2. Easily perceptible; plain; distinct; obvious; readily perceived and detected; gross; as, palpable imposture; palpable absurdity; palpable errors.
open, perceptible, noticeable, detectable, sensible, manifest, evident, unmistakable, knowledge, apparent, ponderable, patent, obvious, overt, conspicuous, tactile, glaring, distinguishable, transparent, indubitable, plain, study at tangible, distinct, clear, touch
manifest (part of speech: adjective)
incarnate, visible, present, materialized, shown, displayed, appeared, observable, embodied, concrete, perceivable, demonstrated, evidential, corporeal, revealed, touchable, viewable, discernible, proved, manifested, exhibited
substantial (part of speech: adjective)
material (part of speech: adjective)
- And I who long to reach The stars will not, howe'er, select the needs Of this our age for burden of my song; For these, increasing constantly, are still By merchants and by work- shops amply met; But I will sing of hope, of hope whereof The gods now grant a pledge so palpable. - "The Poems of Giacomo Leopardi", Giacomo Leopardi.
- The room was alive with an air of expectancy, almost as palpable as the smoke that drifted in through the open kitchen door. - "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- Beyond these immediate and palpable consequences neither party then looked; but a far wider geographical area, and far more extensive and various human interests, would be affected by the measure. - "The Earth as Modified by Human Action", George P. Marsh.