Definition of paper:
- A medicinal preparation spread upon paper, intended for external application; as, cantharides paper.
- A paper containing ( usually) a definite quantity; as, a paper of pins, tacks, opium, etc.
- A printed or written instrument; a document, essay, or the like; a writing; as, a paper read before a scientific society.
- A printed sheet appearing periodically; a newspaper; a journal; as, a daily paper.
- A sheet, leaf, or piece of such substance.
- A substance in the form of thin sheets or leaves intended to be written or printed on, or to be used in wrapping. It is made of rags, straw, bark, wood, or other fibrous material, which is first reduced to pulp, then molded, pressed, and dried.
- Cloth or covered with powdered carborundum.
- Decorated hangings or coverings for walls, made of paper. See hangings, below.
- Negotiable evidences of indebtedness; notes; bills of exchange, and the like; as, the bank holds a large amount of his paper.
- Of or pertaining to paper; made of paper; resembling paper; existing only on paper; unsubstantial; as, a paper box; a paper army.
- To cover with paper; to furnish with paper hangings; as, to paper a room or a house.
- To fold or inclose in paper.
- To put on paper; to make a memorandum of.
acrylic, compact, elastic, pack, account, cheat sheet, comic, essay, acrylic, pointless, coursework, musical theme, credit, piece of music, glass, physical composition, theme, certificate, penning, stem, critique, correspondence, plate, in black and white, wax, written report, newsy, treatise, candidate, alabaster, crib note, on paper, futile, brochure, authorship, composition, master class, concrete, glazed, newspaper, earthen, report card, typography, borderline, distemper, printed matter, papers, reputation, written, pathetic, module, defective, examination, wallpaper, thesis, make-up, pasteboard, paperwork, worthless, writing, documentation, ice, tile, newspaper publisher, gloss paint, examiner, material, root word, returnable, board over, back issue, constitution, purposeless, circular, exam, page, mock, paintbrush, carpet, opus, rewrite, motif, words, discussion, enclosed, broadsheet, topic, back copy, piece, gift wrap, ineffective, sandpaper, composing, varnish, drop cloth, gloss, kraft, bone, grout, titular, write up, unanswered, comic book, placement, masking tape, subject, packet, creosote, meditation, ream, study, dissertation, radical, clinic, horny, graduation, cement, base, news report, story, root, biweekly, melodic theme, bulletin, monograph, makeup, valid, idea, paint, coat, publisher, inefficient, useless, assignment, textual, report, faulty, back number, musical composition, card, text, ephemera, crib, formal.
- hang (part of speech: verb)
- unsubstantial (part of speech: adjective)
- paper (part of speech: noun)
- "The Attempted Assassination of ex-President Theodore Roosevelt", Oliver Remey Henry Cochems Wheeler Bloodgood.
- "A Canadian Bankclerk", J. P. Buschlen.
- "Their Son; The Necklace", Eduardo Zamacois.