Definition of parade :
1. A public walk; a promenade.
2. An assembly and orderly arrangement or display of troops, in full equipments, for inspection or evolutions before some superior officer; a review of troops. Parades are general, regimental, or private ( troop, battery, or company), according to the force assembled.
3. Pompous show; formal display or exhibition.
4. Posture of defense; guard.
5. That which is displayed; a show; a spectacle; an imposing procession; the movement of any body marshaled in military order; as, a parade of firemen.
6. The ground where a military display is held, or where troops are drilled.
7. To assemble and form; to marshal; to cause to maneuver or march ceremoniously; as, to parade troops.
8. To assemble in military order for evolutions and inspection; to form or march, as in review.
9. To exhibit in a showy or ostentatious manner; to show off.
10. To make an exhibition or spectacle of one's self, as by walking in a public place.
present, bachelorette party, amble, sight, commemoration, adjoin, expose, welcome, convocation, blowout, bash, stray, promenade, exhibit, chair, pretension, sport, hike, march, stroll, retail park, initiation, lead, come, arrangement, one-upmanship, flash, semicircle, formation, celebration, lecture, banquet, panoply, self-promotion, grandstanding, drive, exhibition, rejoice, pedestrian mall, commemorate, rope, bring, mark, patronize, investigate, pageant, inaugurate, bachelor party, be full of yourself, dedicate to, spectacle, scale, troop, ceremonial, disposition, cavalcade, B and S, mall, address, block party, border, row, graduation, trek, butt on, dedication, revel, display, give, demonstration, stride, order, commencement, arcade, abut, demonstrate, strip mall, collection, battle array, ring, demo, all-nighter, show, show off, hubris, process, wassail, walk, conduct, disport, shopping center, induction, wander, chain, shopping mall, butt against, ritual, deliver, orate, escort, review, step, communicator, order of battle, baby shower, shepherd, army, procession, haul off, array, food court, circle, afterparty, butt, edge, ceremony, brandish, line of battle, celebrate, plaza
boast (part of speech: verb)
ostentation (part of speech: noun)
formality, pomp and circumstance, flagrancy, exhibitionism, pageantry, blatancy, grandiosity, flamboyance, grandiloquence, opulence, splashiness, pomposity, showiness, flourish, gaudiness, fuss, showmanship, flashiness, splendor, shamelessness, pomp, vanity, dramatics, dash, bravura, rakishness, ostentation, bravado, swaggar, garishness, affectedness, sensationalism, histrionics, ornateness, jauntiness, snazziness, boastfulness
- The parade of the horses each day, as they were led round the ring each by its own attendant, was a very pretty sight. - "Two Years in Oregon", Wallis Nash.
- Mr. Bradlaugh made no public parade of his brave offer. - "Reminiscences of Charles Bradlaugh", George W. Foote.
- It is a breach of military propriety to hold any kind of communication with lookers- on when a fellow's at drill or on parade. - "Kitty's Conquest", Charles King.