Definition of paradise:
- A churchyard or cemetery.
- A place of bliss; a region of supreme felicity or delight; hence, a state of happiness.
- An open space within a monastery or adjoining a church, as the space within a cloister, the open court before a basilica, etc.
- The abode of sanctified souls after death.
- The garden of Eden, in which Adam and Eve were placed after their creation.
- To affect or exalt with visions of felicity; to entrance; to bewitch.
Elysium, Promised Land, Hades, Cockaigne, the hereafter, high, sky, face to face, Hell, Arcadia, above, be better/worse off, transport, cloud nine, undecided, situated, exhilaration, fateful, elation, fantasyland, enlightenment, effectively, euphoria, effective, nirvana, elysian fields, intoxication, the (great) beyond, By-and-By, privilege, rapture, Kingdom Come, lotusland, harmony, peace, the good life, Camelot, New Jerusalem, utopia, circumstantial, luxury, elatedness, Valhalla, infernal, Eden, unique, high ground, calm, seventh heaven, happy, swoon, never-never land, the next life, afterlife, comfort, empyrean, shangri-la, freedom.
heaven (part of speech: noun)
- land o'goshen,
- "Madeline Payne, the Detective's Daughter", Lawrence L. Lynch.
- "Charles O'Malley, The Irish Dragoon, Volume 2 (of 2)", Charles Lever.
- "History Of Egypt From 330 B.C. To The Present Time, Volume 12 (of 12)", S. Rappoport.