Definition of parent:
nourish, ancestor, call forth, originate, conjure, precede, name, fount, upraise, levy, foster, start, kin, fountain, derivation, provenience, procreate, recruit, leaven, foremother, prove, nurture, get up, patriarch, conjure up, fountainhead, entrepreneur, progenitor, root, invoke, kindle, rise up, antecedent, breed, grow, mention, erect, stir, set up, put forward, raise, heighten, reboot, farm, elevate, cite, arouse, rootstock, origin, elicit, enkindle, lift, promote, inventor, refer, hatch, rear, engender, beginning, originator, produce, upgrade, kick upstairs, provenance, bring up, make, spawn, well, resurrect, enhance, predecessor, fire, evoke, beget, advance, boot, rise, ascendant, source, provoke, put up, sustain, architect, call down, spring, advert, create.
- father (part of speech: verb)
- paternity (part of speech: noun)
- "Marriage", Susan Edmonstone Ferrier.
- "Through Five Republics on Horseback", G. Whitfield Ray.
- "The History of Samuel Titmarsh and the Great Hoggarty Diamond", William Makepeace Thackeray.