Definition of park:
- A partially inclosed basin in which oysters are grown.
- A piece of ground inclosed, and stored with beasts of the chase, which a man may have by prescription, or the king's grant.
- A piece of ground, in or near a city or town, inclosed and kept for ornament and recreation; as, Hyde in London; Central in New York.
- A space occupied by the animals, wagons, pontoons, and materials of all kinds, as ammunition, ordnance stores, hospital stores, provisions, etc., when brought together; also, the objects themselves; as, a park of wagons; a park of artillery.
- A tract of ground kept in its natural state, about or adjacent to a residence, as for the preservation of game, for walking, riding, or the like.
- Any place where vehicles are assembled according to a definite arrangement; also, the vehicles.
- In oyster culture, to inclose in a park.
- To bring together in a park, or compact body; as, to park artillery, wagons, automobiles, etc.
- To bring together in a park, or compact body; as, to park the artillery, the wagons, etc.
- To inclose in a park, or as in a park.
- To promenade or drive in a park; also, of horses, to display style or gait on a park drive.
grass, third estate, putting surface, motor park, commonality, wait, parkway, lawn, special K, green belt, close, the FA Cup, pile, commonalty, blind alley, woodland, set out, area, promenade, FIFA, countryside, block, the boondocks, put off, backwoods, honey oil, set, hold off, cloister, meter, viridity, balance, football, greens, arcade, play for time, at bat, square, leg, market place, delay, boulevard, green, playground, yard, backyard, put, commons, place, the boonies, meadow, super C, ball girl, approximate range, ball boy, footballer, ball, division, ballpark, parkland, cantonment, garage, base, back country, bedroom community, wait around, football player, flag football, country, premises, brownfield, Mungo Park, parking lot, parking space, demesne, common land, burbs, position, greenness, temporize, alleyway, bay, meter maid, baseline, baseball, common, borough, lay, put down, double-park, off-street parking, campus, jet, car park, alley, batboy, leafy vegetable, the bush, double yellow line, armpit, agora, putting green, cabbagetown, super acid, barrio, Gaelic football, Australian Rules football, clamp, sit on, settle, plaza, backwater, enclosure, cat valium, lot, back, procrastinate, balk, hesitate, tract, parking area.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- "Fanny Goes to War", Pat Beauchamp.
- "The Red Hand of Ulster", George A. Birmingham.