Definition of parody:
lampoon, feeble imitation, hoax, masquerade, anecdote, jeering, fraudulence, scoffing, prank, play, joke, take-off, detective, black comedy, scoff, burlesque, respect, pasquinade, pastiche, irony, antic, fraud, mock-heroic, sendup, rubbish, allegory, dross, drama, travesty, epic, ridicule, mockery, jeer, extravaganza, trash, laughter, humbug, an apology for something, crap, cock-and-bull story, trick, put on, a pathetic/poor/sad excuse for something, takeoff, pose as, charade, roast, raillery, jest, send-up, adaptation, farce comedy, do a takeoff on, classic, dog, spoof, caper, same, derision, comedy, rib, reject, dupery, shit.
- imitate (part of speech: verb)
- duplicate (part of speech: noun)
- imitation (part of speech: noun)
- misrepresent (part of speech: verb)
- misrepresentation (part of speech: noun)
- "The Wrong Twin", Harry Leon Wilson.
- "Susy, A Story of the Plains", Bret Harte.
- "Varied Types", G. K. Chesterton.