Definition of parsimony:
constriction, denseness, meanness, nearness, intimacy, saving, compactness, secretiveness, sparing, niggardness, tightness, stringency, familiarity, niggardliness, stuffiness, providence, thrift, density, tautness, minginess, parsimoniousness, penny-pinching, tightfistedness, closeness, beastliness, scrimping, concentration.
- asceticism (part of speech: noun)
- stinginess (part of speech: noun)
- economy (part of speech: noun)
- "History of the United Netherlands, 1586-89, Vol. II. Complete", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: February 7, 2009.
- "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach.
He was right in thinking that want of method, want of control, want of confidence, and an untimely parsimony, prevented severity from having a fair chance of preparing a platform for reform and conciliation.- "Spenser (English Men of Letters Series)", R. W. Church.