Definition of parson:
- A person who represents a parish in its ecclesiastical and corporate capacities; hence, the rector or incumbent of a parochial church, who has full possession of all the rights thereof, with the cure of souls.
- Any clergyman having ecclesiastical preferment; one who is in orders, or is licensed to preach; a preacher.
curate, ecclesiastic, minister of religion, rector, pastor, clerk, preacher, subgenus Pastor, clerical, diplomatic minister, clergywoman, churchman, clergyman, government minister, reverend, preacher, cleric, religion, churchwoman, cleric, clergyman, divine, minister.
- "Tales & Novels, Vol. IX [Contents: Harrington; Thoughts on Bores; Ormond]", Maria Edgeworth.
- "Happy-Thought Hall", F. C. Burnand.
- "The New Rector", Stanley J. Weyman.