Definition of part :
1. A constituent of character or capacity; quality; faculty; talent; - usually in the plural with a collective sense.
2. A constituent portion of a living or spiritual whole; a member; an organ; an essential element.
3. A particular character in a drama or a play; an assumed personification; also, the language, actions, and influence of a character or an actor in a play; or, figuratively, in real life. See To act a part, under Act.
4. An equal constituent portion; one of several or many like quantities, numbers, etc., into which anything is divided, or of which it is composed; proportional division or ingredient.
5. Hence: To hold apart; to stand between; to intervene betwixt, as combatants.
6. One of the different melodies of a concerted composition, which heard in union compose its harmony; also, the music for each voice or instrument; as, the treble, tenor, or bass part; the violin part, etc.
7. One of the opposing parties or sides in a conflict or a controversy; a faction.
8. One of the portions, equal or unequal, into which anything is divided, or regarded as divided; something less than a whole; a number, quantity, mass, or the like, regarded as going to make up, with others, a larger number, quantity, mass, etc., whether actually separate or not; a piece; a fragment; a fraction; a division; a member; a constituent.
9. Partly; in a measure.
10. Quarter; region; district; - usually in the plural.
11. Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; - the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
12. That which belongs to one, or which is assumed by one, or which falls to one, in a division or apportionment; share; portion; lot; interest; concern; duty; office.
13. To be broken or divided into parts or pieces; to break; to become separated; to go asunder; as, rope parts; his hair parts in the middle.
14. To divide into shares; to divide and distribute; to allot; to apportion; to share.
15. To divide; to separate into distinct parts; to break into two or more parts or pieces; to sever.
16. To go away; to depart; to take leave; to quit each other; hence, to die; - often with from.
17. To have a part or share; to partake.
18. To leave; to quit.
19. To perform an act of parting; to relinquish a connection of any kind; - followed by with or from.
20. To separate by a process of extraction, elimination, or secretion; as, to part gold from silver.
21. To separate or disunite; to cause to go apart; to remove from contact or contiguity; to sunder.
detonate, lay out, vary, dissipate, articulation, pick, agency, dowery, scrap, disrupt, map, break off, break away, cut off, interpreter, sliver, crack, subtract, calve, per centum, develop, function, infract, come out, occasion, get off the ground, plowshare, quality, weaken, assort, serving, vocalization, realm, spring, decompose, fiber, destiny, grapheme, pct, situation, founder, come apart, disperse, cancel, hero, give out, single out, plane section, installment, reveal, image, bulge out, divulge, differentiate, break dance, authority, originate, molding, position, fall apart, brace, composition, expound, begin, furcate, severalize, demote, percent, trigger, bust, role, instigate, wheel, graphic symbol, array, startle, sort, particle, erupt, break apart, offset, participate, let out, theatrical role, social occasion, segmentation, contribution, social function, set about, let on, offend, dissever, crack up, expose, stir up, chain, farewell, resolve, start up, fracture, spark off, bolt, dower, lineament, casting, business office, pause, dissolve, violate, fictional character, spell, while, discriminate, embark on, office staff, diverge, initiate, crash, spokesperson, partially, pop out, partitioning, give way, fibre, routine, wear out, gear, variance, fictitious character, take apart, start out, splinter, so far as one is concerned, firearm, bureau, adjourn, discussion section, sectionalization, sidetrack, personally, partial, fragmentize, rasher, dispel, deviate, straggle, circumstances, luck, protrude, dole, rive, power, pulley, secern, recess, piece of music, snap off, actuate, trip, side, go against, fortune, touch off, sectionalisation, transgress, secernate, go bad, government agency, severalise, electron, case, break open, take off, incite, get, damp, vocalisation, carve up, spot, take leave, musical composition, collect, eccentric, pop, berth, fragmentise, distinguish, collapse, fail, recrudesce, vocalism, ploughshare, set forth, discontinue, soften, tell, set out, cave in, character reference, affair, disjoint, neighborhood, give, slab, kick downstairs, discover, get down, bump, lift off, sort out, molecule, building block, tell apart, lump, vox, frame, take time off, office, bug out, class, type, parting, unwrap, interrupt, rod, activate, go away, stop, commence, take up, machine, character, digress, atom, pull up stakes, start, bulge, get around, federal agency, reference, spark, leave-taking, surgical incision, dampen, man, bring out, range, relegate, area, dowry, ruin, subprogram, subroutine, heroine, total, conk out, fall in, jump, whole, lead off, place, air division, region, representative, voice, scatter, ramify, replacement, use, burst, disclose, give away, passage, deduct, shaft, post, break-up, nut, crock up, partly, mathematical function, purpose, do, component part, better, donation, department, break out, patch, belt, split up, fitting, trigger off, procedure, billet, shard, opus, bankrupt, integrant, clutch, divvy, mapping, fate, naval division, explode, perspective, persona, breach, break in, objet d'art, break down, grammatical constituent, single-valued function, chip, lever, classify, exposit, wear, check, intermit, smash, phonation, set-off, art object, small-arm, get out, band, get going, blow up
allotment (part of speech: noun)
commission, segment, allowance, measure, lot, quota, chunk, apportionment, quantum, allocation, portion, parcel, piece, allotment, stipend, share, proportion, stake, percentage, budget, assignment, ration, dispensation
portion (part of speech: noun)
die (part of speech: verb)
fractional (part of speech: adjective)
disjunction (part of speech: noun)
disassembly, dissection, disunity, bisection, disengagement, separation, fissure, cleavage, amputation, dissociation, segregation, detachment, disassociation, alienation, disarticulation, incision, division, rent, disintegration, disconnection
dissociate (part of speech: verb)
disconnect, uncouple, alienate, detach, sever, divide, fragment, disjoin, rupture, dissociate, segregate, disassociate, divorce, disengage, break, halve, excise, partition, rend, separate, insulate, dismantle, split, cleave, disunite, sunder
separate (part of speech: verb)
halve (part of speech: verb)
fraction (part of speech: noun)
incompleteness (part of speech: noun)
component (part of speech: noun)
segmentary, factor, filament, featured, constituent, section, item, fractional, factoring, feature, medium, fragmentary, article, elemental, sectional, material, ingredient, matter, element, component
depart (part of speech: verb)