Definition of parted :
1. Cleft so that the divisions reach nearly, but not quite, to the midrib, or the base of the blade; - said of a leaf, and used chiefly in composition; as, three- parted, five- parted, etc.
2. Endowed with parts or abilities.
3. of Part
4. Separated; devided.
halved (part of speech: verb)
disjoint (part of speech: adjective)
disjoint, disarticulated, scissored
separated (part of speech: verb)
died (part of speech: verb)
dissociated (part of speech: verb)
disjoined, partitioned, divorced, alienated, disconnected, fragmented, cleft, disunited, disengaged, excised, ruptured, dissociated, separated, rent, broken, halved, dismantled, insulated, broke, sundered, split, segregated, uncoupled, divided, detached, cleaved, disassociated, severed
departed (part of speech: verb)
dead (part of speech: adjective)
- I don't want to be parted from him. - "Virgin Soil", Ivan S. Turgenev.
- Love took her by the hand, and they were never parted any more. - "Good Stories For Great Holidays Arranged for Story-Telling and Reading Aloud and for the Children's Own Reading", Frances Jenkins Olcott.
- With these words I parted from the admiral. - "Hurricane Hurry", W.H.G. Kingston.