Definition of participation :
1. community; fellowship; association.
2. Distribution; division into shares.
3. The act or state of participating, or sharing in common with others; as, a participation in joy or sorrows.
elaborateness, amour, participate, booking, connection, confederation, enfolding, involvement, affair, mesh, elaboration, seconding, engagement, interlocking, date, fraternity, employment, friendship, conflict, troth, intimacy, conjunction, confederacy, familiarity, fight, taking part, company, joining in, aid, support, battle, intricacy, exponentiation, cooperation, encouragement, involution, standing by, betrothal, interest, affaire, lodge, appointment, companionship, society, assistance, federation, community, liaison, corporation, help, fellowship, club, meshing
co-operation (part of speech: noun)
participation (part of speech: noun)
- A large amount of trade knowledge is obtained through contact and participation after entering employment and can be gained in no other way. - "Wage Earning and Education", R. R. Lutz.
- One gives oneself up entirely; all barriers are broken down by love- participation in one tender secret has already united the lovers' souls, which seek each other and mingle together in a common existence. - "French and Oriental Love in a Harem", Mario Uchard.
- I am therefore here to take counsel with certain men of judgment concerning the participation of this country in the bloody struggle that is going on abroad. - "The Flag", Homer Greene.