Definition of particle:
- A crumb or little piece of concecrated host.
- A minute part or portion of matter; a morsel; a little bit; an atom; a jot; as, a particle of sand, of wood, of dust.
- A subordinate word that is never inflected ( a preposition, conjunction, interjection); or a word that can not be used except in compositions; as, ward in backward, ly in lovely.
- Any very small portion or part; the smallest portion; as, he has not a particle of patriotism or virtue.
- The smaller hosts distributed in the communion of the laity.
member, minim, blood cell, tinge, atom, fraction, ort, molecule, piece, instalment, constituent, trifle, soupcon, segment, hint, blood corpuscle, pinch, part, jot, component, subdivision, corpuscle, division, subatomic particle, scruple, portion, element, mote, fragment, spot, dot, dram, tittle, speck, share, ingredient, pinpoint, big, ounce, section.
- "Carl and the Cotton Gin", Sara Ware Bassett.
- "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.
- "Last Words", Stephen Crane.