Definition of partitioning:
divider, cleavage, variance, section, crack-up, class, division, part, partition, sectionalisation, sectionalization, segmentation, dislocation, naval division, equipment failure, air division, breakdown.
- allotting (part of speech: verb)
- portioning (part of speech: verb)
- dissociating (part of speech: verb)
If the author's new sovereign in France is not reformed by the example of his own Revolution, that Revolution has not added much to the security and repose of Poland, for instance, or taught the three great partitioning powers more moderation in their second than they had shown in their first division of that devoted country.- "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VI. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.
- "The Critical Period of American History", John Fiske.