Definition of partly:
in certain particulars, at best, in a general way, in some degree, in a portion only, to a degree, so far as possible, as much as could be expected, up to a certain point, to a certain extent, in bits and pieces, with large omissions, to a slight degree, short of the end, insofar as was then possible, at least, not wholly, to some extent, within limits, part, at the outside, measurably, in some measure, only in details, notably, in some part, inadequately, at most, not in accordance with the letter of the law, by fits and starts, at worst, not entirely, somewhat, slightly, not strictly speaking, partially, in some ways, noticeably, carelessly.
- incompletely (part of speech: adverb)
- fractionally (part of speech: adverb)
- "How and When to Be Your Own Doctor", Dr. Isabelle A. Moser with Steve Solomon.
- "Waihoura, the Maori Girl", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Associate Hermits", Frank R. Stockton.