Definition of partner:
- A framework of heavy timber surrounding an opening in a deck, to strengthen it for the support of a mast, pump, capstan, or the like.
- An associate in any business or occupation; a member of a partnership. See Partnership.
- One who has a part in anything with an other; a partaker; an associate; a sharer. " Partner of his fortune." Shak. Hence: ( a) A husband or a wife. ( b) Either one of a couple who dance together. ( c) One who shares as a member of a partnership in the management, or in the gains and losses, of a business.
- To associate, to join.
partnership, pull together, confederate, significant other, life partner, copartner, ballerina, chorus line, ballet, match, relationship, contract out, collaborate, man, mate, better half, combine, affiliate, connection, unite, Bros., consolidate, cheerleader, link, get in with, join in, amalgamation, lady, cooperate, reconciliation, connect, rapport, married person, participator, abetter _or_ abettor, missus, chorus, dancer, chemistry, collaborationist, collaborator, cohort, coadjutor, share, cooperator, drill team, partner in crime, retainer, relations, marriage, consort, association, buy out, chorus girl, husband, checkmate, demerger, missis, knit, hubby, pardner, demerge, amalgamate, tie, spouse, mobilize, corps de ballet, first mate, quisling.
assistant (part of speech: noun)
- friend (part of speech: noun)
- "Round the Red Lamp Being Facts and Fancies of Medical Life", Arthur Conan Doyle.
- "A Houseful of Girls", Sarah Tytler.
- "Cap'n Warren's Wards", Joseph C. Lincoln.