Definition of pass :
1. A movement of the hand over or along anything; the manipulation of a mesmerist.
2. A part; a division.
3. A single passage of a bar, rail, sheet, etc., between the rolls.
4. A thrust or push; an attempt to stab or strike an adversary.
5. An opening, road, or track, available for passing; especially, one through or over some dangerous or otherwise impracticable barrier; a passageway; a defile; a ford; as, a mountain pass.
6. Estimation; character.
7. Fig.: a thrust; a sally of wit.
8. In football, hockey, etc., a transfer of the ball, etc., to another player of one's side, usually at some distance.
9. In football, hockey, etc., to make a pass; to transfer the ball, etc., to another player of one's own side.
10. In football, hockey, etc., to make pass; to transfer the ball, etc., to another player of one's own side.
11. Permission or license to pass, or to go and come; a psssport; a ticket permitting free transit or admission; as, a railroad or theater pass; a military pass.
12. State of things; condition; predicament.
13. To be conveyed or transferred by will, deed, or other instrument of conveyance; as, an estate passes by a certain clause in a deed.
14. To be suffered to go on; to be tolerated; hence, to continue; to live along.
15. To cause to advance by stages of progress; to carry on with success through an ordeal, examination, or action; specifically, to give legal or official sanction to; to ratify; to enact; to approve as valid and just; as, he passed the bill through the committee; the senate passed the law.
16. To cause to move or go; to send; to transfer from one person, place, or condition to another; to transmit; to deliver; to hand; to make over; as, the waiter passed bisquit and cheese; the torch was passed from hand to hand.
17. To cause to obtain entrance, admission, or conveyance; as, to pass a person into a theater, or over a railroad.
18. To cause to pass the lips; to utter; to pronounce; hence, to promise; to pledge; as, to pass sentence.
19. To decline to take an optional action when it is one's turn, as to decline to bid, or to bet, or to play a card; in euchre, to decline to make the trump.
20. To emit from the bowels; to evacuate.
21. To go beyond bounds; to surpass; to be in excess.
22. To go by or glide by, as time; to elapse; to be spent; as, their vacation passed pleasantly.
23. To go by without noticing; to omit attention to; to take no note of; to disregard.
24. To go by, beyond, over, through, or the like; to proceed from one side to the other of; as, to pass a house, a stream, a boundary, etc.
25. To go from one limit to the other of; to spend; to live through; to have experience of; to undergo; to suffer.
26. To go from one person to another; hence, to be given and taken freely; as, clipped coin will not pass; to obtain general acceptance; to be held or regarded; to circulate; to be current; - followed by for before a word denoting value or estimation.
27. To go successfully through, as an examination, trail, test, etc.; to obtain the formal sanction of, as a legislative body; as, he passed his examination; the bill passed the senate.
28. To go through any inspection or test successfully; to be approved or accepted; as, he attempted the examination, but did not expect to pass.
29. To go through the intestines.
30. To go unheeded or neglected; to proceed without hindrance or opposition; as, we let this act pass.
31. To go; to move; to proceed; to be moved or transferred from one point to another; to make a transit; -- usually with a following adverb or adverbal phrase defining the kind or manner of motion; as, to pass on, by, out, in, etc.; to pass swiftly, directly, smoothly, etc.; to pass to the rear, under the yoke, over the bridge, across the field, beyond the border, etc.
32. To make a lunge or pass; to thrust.
33. To make, as a thrust, punto, etc.
34. To move beyond the range of the senses or of knowledge; to pass away; hence, to disappear; to vanish; to depart; specifically, to depart from life; to die.
35. To move or be transferred from one state or condition to another; to change possession, condition, or circumstances; to undergo transition; as, the business has passed into other hands.
36. To move or to come into being or under notice; to come and go in consciousness; hence, to take place; to occur; to happen; to come; to occur progressively or in succession; to be present transitorily.
37. To put in circulation; to give currency to; as, to pass counterfeit money.
38. To take a turn with ( a line, gasket, etc.), as around a sail in furling, and make secure.
39. To take heed; to care.
40. To transcend; to surpass; to excel; to exceed.
overtake, expressway, pass along, puff, advance, gain, tend, hightail it, realize, reap, empower, trespass, refund, endure, gallop, school principal, admission, commotion, impersonate, gnarl, range, commune, A-D conversion, authorize, permit, fall out, withdraw, emit, get in, route, faint, operate, foist, come, overstep, passport, header, branch off, go past, crevice, stall, die out, rule out, not for the life of me, enlighten, absorb, function, start, way, turn tail, play along, furlough, survive, divide, arrive at, lapse, articulate, turn into, convert, headland, the brow, carry on, take back, extinguish, blend in, buy the farm, street, high road, kill, somersaulting, criminalize, materialise, pop off, freeway, expiration, fly the coop, pinch, increase, dribble, dedicate, betide, advise, license, passing game, devote, lane, evanesce, fail, carry out, divulge, visa, roadway, fall off, delivery, relay, go far, take to the woods, come down, pass out, outgo, get to, decrease, follow, widen, decriminalize, kick in, crack, escape, flume, devour, go through, deliberate, demise, kloof, collapse, conk out, run through, scrag, intercommunicate, codify, boulevard, pull in, cheerio, trace, crack cocaine, adopt, attain, headspring, fall in, change, apply, couloir, trade, progress to, breathe out, chip in, unclutter, melt down, hold up, fountainhead, glide by, race, draw, attitudinize, offering, come on, fleet, chap, cash in one's chips, hold out, have, put in, reject, change down, give back, suffocate, mountain pass, evacuate, flip over, artificial intelligence, excrete, good-bye, remove, tornado, strangle, extend to, come through, mark, outperform, release, rejoin, materialize, reach out, spin, experience, go bad, slip away, scissure, scarper, overhaul, drumhead, hand over, pull back, turnpike, brighten, good-by, cast, draw off, strike, asphyxiate, snap, transgress, alter, prevail, take out, crap, knowledge, backhand, tie, forge ahead, deal, be given, come at, return, card, escarpment, put across, alpha test, abrogate, pursue, repay, wisecrack, cracking, state, corner, turn, make, exit, hit, realise, slump, proposition, sweep over, authorise, move over, hand down, help, gulf, achieve, plump, wither, box in, give someone to understand (that), read/write head, passage, get through, going, exchange, summerset, lavish, who can say?, egest, dry up, feed, track, head teacher, spend, bequeath, dart, head, retrovert, open, C, crossing, sayonara, come across, get going, track down, put out, palm off, beat, abet, circulate, incline, score, exhale, surpass, break, straits, ABEND, exonerate, licence, cleft, get, flunk, slip by, manoeuvre, bend, strain, counterfeit, sneak off, bridle-path, moot, live, pull round, be out of touch (with something), take in, dive, peregrinate, follow out, col, decimate, founder, debate, blow over, twisting, approach, let someone know, force, stretch, give, go-by, snick, wend, solve, protract, shuffle, brief, passageway, eradicate, outdo, contact, settle, foul, work through, trip, surmount, spread, nick, roll, outrun, cut, push on, assoil, goodbye, net, have no concept of something, round, pall, breathe, recall, blast, eviscerate, consume, go into, ladder, convey, choke off, authoring, modernize, dedicate to, present, shed light on, guide, accomplish, air, blend, come to an end, gill, fissure, top dog, circumvent, passing play, promote, alley, whelm, draw in, defecate, retrogress, defile, precipitate, result, arrivederci, gift, subside, hurl, knock, hunt, degenerate, crystallise, gap, top, reach, pike, grade, carry, move on, thoroughfare, trade in, top off, make it, slide by, travel by, masquerade, locomote, flutter, do away with, bid, walk of life, arterial, shoot, bifurcate, backslide, traverse, stifle, walk on, recidivate, close, pull out, rifle, psyche, maneuver, modification, light, accrue, fade, forefront, base on balls, fling, touch, so long, something expresses itself, lean, angle, get rid of, overpower, knock over, come off, ticket, cover, sound off, sneak out, sop up, sacrifice, upset, cave in, A, tump over, D, disembowel, develop, break down, sort out, chair, not know the first thing/not have the first idea about something, catch up with, bootleg, chance, cairn, disco biscuit, hand, be no judge (of something), crown, hark back, brae, descend, bump, part with, submit, straighten out, unfold, swap, qualifying, diverge, stretch out, paseo, twirl, approve, not have a clue, precede, recommendation, die hard, speak out, consecrate, execute, twist, fall down, distinction, channelize, row, downgrade, stretch forth, comment, hook, sneak away, impart, arrive, make pass, find, consider, outstrip, yield, car-pool, annihilate, pass off, implement, turn back, accept, become flat, persist, commission, pass by, top out, F, thruway, driveway, exsert, go out, foreland, spree, last, spell, abolish, eliminate, drop down, poke out, block in, background processing, authentication, authorization, access time, linn, I couldn't tell you, go on, come back, push, highway, GPA, confront, come out, come to, posture, direction, headway, put off, convolution, fracture, cronk, better, congest, fit, affirm, constipated, run short, best, riposte, journey, bring back, bowel movement, channelise, earn, attract, thread, kick off, turn over, murmur, break away, melt, somerset, constipation, be, overwhelm, bomb, exceed, steer, shot, bring in, rid of, hang, come up, egestion, point, slide down, cap, cross, grumble, clear up, down, trek, carve up, chip, go under, give-up the ghost, don't ask me, right, path, blackmail, mutter, mark down, raise, case, overturn, describe, ball, direct, crystallize, crest, get across, clog, propel, bypass, wipe out, nous, (that's a) good question, passing, report, avoid, drop dead, campaign, bury, overcome, delve, excel, soak up, discharge, dry, ply, somersault, ascend, vortex, diminish, crystalize, distribute, drop, outmatch, AI, carry off, continue, strait, devolve, sound, ravine, not that I know of, confirm, belong, amendment, big, extort, permission, swoon, conduce, E, encounter, toss, draw to a close/an end, pose, work, legislate, authorisation, circumnavigate, not be any the wiser, sack, manner of walking, fulfill, detour, go along, strive, change into, draw and quarter, mind, steal away, fare, crystalise, artery, quarter, render, catch, croak, how should/do I know?, hold, sack up, conduct, imbibe, cut into, tip over, tour, string, travel, befall, notch, grant, progress, pitch, time, backdate, reelect, languish, follow up, give way, liberty chit, order, extend, follow through, principal, kick, expand, cranny, not know beans about something, come in, law, flip, hap, line, modernise, prolong, deteriorate, transmit, working papers, bye-bye, walkway, ease up, moderate, take up, put through, laissez passer, dip, point out, play, run for, bowl over, resit, flit, run out, retort, dip out, run low, delineate, hand on, warrant, broaden, go game, relapse, walking, demerit, go down, put into, buckle up, offer, gag, gulch, ecstasy, lose touch (with something), illuminate, qualify, regress, B, heading, tell, retake, march on, lam, suck up, connect, get hold of, draw out, adieu, go away, manhandle, relegate, winnow out, bursting, establish, pass around, hunt down, auf wiedersehen, road, kick the bucket, brink, contribute, shunt, suggestion, full marks, your guess is as good as mine, leave, head word, highroad, suck, channel, live on, throw, cristal, sanction, afford, smash, drag, crag, take, transcend, shine, pull through, stand out, conk, outshine, see, carriageway, acquit, call, obviate, back up, overtaking, snuff it, exculpate, head for the hills, come about, pull, walk, strike at, choke, bedwetting, bleed, terminate, batch, clear, shave, bye, hug drug, pathway, honest, depict, run away, press, ratify, good day, sink, enter, elucidate, quip, summersault, revert, caput, adios, check out, remark, expend, go across, question, avenue, sally, goodby, promontory, pay, saddle, gorge, brain, swirl, black market, elapse, whirl, fall back, consort, pronounce on, express, loss, commit, clog up, communicate, bus, lessen, scat, building permit, dig, in consideration of something, devote to, bunk, become, manoeuver, formulate, departure, amend, abduct, change hands, what is someone on about?, limiting, fill, disclose, lead, capitulum, get out, unravel, chief, au revoir, fob off, light up, deliver, oral sex, drive, throttle, give out, generate, guide on, defraud, fret, bechance, diversify, keep, graduate
die (part of speech: verb)
move (part of speech: verb)
happen (part of speech: verb)
- At what time will they pass here? - "My Home In The Field of Honor", Frances Wilson Huard.
- He started to open it to pass down. - "The Master Mystery", Arthur B. Reeve and John W. Grey.
- It was a warning to everyone to take good care of his visitor's pass. - "Nan Sherwood on the Mexican Border", Annie Roe Carr.